Wharton Study Questions
“Roman Fever” 1217-25
A. Describe the main character and why.
B. Explain the influence of the setting.
C. Discussion questions.
1. How are the women alike?
2. How do they see each other inaccurately?
3. What are the literal and figurative meaning to “Roman fever”?
4. How does Roman fever fit doubly into the story?
5. What has happened between the three?
6. What is the first indication in the story that the women actually hate each other?
7. Which of the two women is more hateful?
8. What about their society has led to this situation?
9. How does the story end?
Return to syllabus.